Serpens for Kepler
In the Network Technology Division the work is connected with two main subjects:
- POZMAN and PIONIER networks’ exploitation, maintaining and managing
- research work connected with modern technologies of teleinformation networks.
Within the field of international connections PSNC links Polish scientific circles with European network GÉANT and other worldwide scientific networks.
POZMAN and PIONIER networks’ exploitation, maintaining and managing are realized by:
- optical fiber networks’ team – works on the networks development, investment realization, maintaining and preservation of optical fiber lines and transmission nodes, cooperation with external entities regarding law, exploitation and maintaining of network infrastructure
- wired and wireless transmission’s team – works on planning, implementing and maintaining of transmission devices. Besides, the team takes care of control and configuration of DWDM systems, networking routers and MPLS. Maintaining of the transmission network includes service parameters’ measurement, network reliability and security research
- networks’ management team – includes Network Management Centre (so called NOC) and works on monitoring of connections and network devices, network capacity parameters’ measurement, receiving and verifying reports concerning networks functioning and security issues, monitoring of international PIONIER connections with European scientific network GÉANT, worldwide Internet, and other international networks. In addition, the Network Management Centre controls computing infrastructure within the PSNC. The Centre remains on duty 24 hours day and night, 365 days a year.
Second branch of the Division activity concentrates on research work for new technologies, which expand functionality of modern data transmission systems. In particular, the work concerns PSNC participation in projects co-financed by EU Structural Funds and national funds of State Committee for Scientific Research. Within these projects innovative research concerns:
- new network services based on IPv6 (6NET)
- connections in optical networks (Phosphorus),
- automatic resources reservation on request (Phosphorus G2MPLS, GN2 AutoBAHN)
- creation of virtual network infrastructures (FEDERICA)
- research and problems’ solutions connected with networks’ capacity (GN2 PERT)
- multi-domain system of reservations’ management Premium IP (GN2 AMPS)
- a system collecting information about the network resources (GN2 cNIS, GN2 i-SHARE, Clusterix)
- network capacity monitoring (PerfSONAR, Clusterix)
- optical fibers networks’ development in the eastern European countries (PORTA OPTICA STUDY)
- network infrastructure management (System Zarządzania Siecią PIONIER)
- modern Internet technologies’ and advanced services’ management (EMANICS)
- multi-domain network services and monitoring (GN3).
Network Department Manager
Artur Binczewski, M.Sc.
phone: (+48 61) 858-20-10
Network Department Deputy Manager
mgr inż. Robert Pękal, M.Sc.
phone: (+48 61) 858-20-60
The registration of 4K material is mostly associated with large, professional and sophisticated camcorders. Recently, it is fair to say that it is not totally true! Employees of PSNC Network Department, for the first time in Poland, tested a small 4K camera, which captures 60 frames per second and has a live entrance!